Whether you’re new to the world of Fruit Ninja or just want to sharpen your skills, you’ve come to the right place. For hints, tips and tricks on how to become the greatest fruit slicer of all time, check out our beginner’s guide below!
Note that this covers both the Free and Premium versions of Fruit Ninja, as well as some common tips that apply to both versions of the game. Simply scroll down to the section that applies to you.
GENERAL FRUIT NINJA GUIDE
Get started by slicing the icon of the mode you want to play.
- Original – our original game modes! Classic, Arcade and Zen.
- Classic – How many points can you score? Don’t drop the fruit or hit the bombs!
- Arcade – The fan favourite game mode! Score as many points as you can in 60 seconds with help from power-ups and special bananas!
- Zen – No bombs, just fruit. A great mode for honing your ninja skills.
- Watch - Here, you can watch episodes of the Fruit Ninja Origins series in our in-game theatre!
- Slicing is easy – drag your finger across the screen in a slicing motion!
- A combo occurs when you slice three or more fruit in a single swiping motion. Your score from that combo also doubles, so try to get as many as possible.
- HOT TIP: Be patient and go for slow, strategic swipes instead of hacking away like crazy!
- Critical hits are random and will give you 10 extra points per hit.
Bananas! (Arcade mode only)
- Blue stripes: This banana is the Score x2 banana. As the name states, it will double your score for a short period.
- Red stripes: This banana is the Frenzy banana and will cause lots of fruit to fly onto the screen.
- Frozen: This banana is the Freeze banana and will slow time down for a short period.
- BONUS: Watch what happens if you’re lucky enough to get two or three at once!
- Wait for fruit to reach the top of your screen before slicing it. The lower you slice, the harder it is to avoid unexpected surprises.
- Go crazy when the end-game pomegranate appears! This is one time when slicing multiple times will work to your advantage.
- Be consistent with your combos in Arcade mode to activate Blitzes, which rewards you with more points the longer you sustain combos. Go too long without scoring a combo and your Blitz meter will reset.
Score bigger and better
- Power ups help give you an advantage. There are three types of power ups:
- Berry Blast: Strawberries explode for 5 points each
- Peachy Time: Get an extra 2 seconds for each peach sliced
- Bomb Deflect: Saves you from hitting up to three bombs
- Power ups can only be used in the Original game modes. They can be purchased on the screen before you start a game. Certain power ups are only available in certain game modes.
- Power ups are automatically available in the game mode you purchase them for.
Blades and Dojos
- You can only choose your blade and dojo in the Original game modes.
- Once you select one of these modes, tap the small red arrow below either the Dojo or Blade menus to expand the full range.
- Experiment! All blades and dojos are unique – mix and match to suit your playstyle and see what works best for you!
Playing with Friends
- Grab a friend and get in nice and close – you’ll be playing on the same screen to see who the best Fruit Ninja is!
- There are two modes, Classic Attack and Zen Duel.
- Check out where you rank against your friends in the ranking menu! To see your friends’ scores, set up a Halfbrick profile and connect to a Facebook account (see more below).
- Tap the cog button on the right-hand side of the screen – this will bring you to the settings menu.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, you will see an option to add a profile. Tap on this and link up either a Facebook or Google account.
Looking for the purest Fruit Ninja experience available? Fruit Ninja Premium is the one for you. For everything not covered in the General FAQ above, read on.
Getting more power-ups, blades and dojos
- Power-ups can be earned by completing missions or watching rewarded videos.
- New blades and dojos can be earned by levelling up to the required level.
Starfruit and Gold Apples
- As of the newest version of Fruit Ninja Premium, Starfruit and Gold Apples are no more. If you’re an old Fruit Ninja player, your existing Starfruit will be converted into experience points, which will instantly level you up and unlock items for you.
In addition to the classic game modes you know and love, Fruit Ninja Free includes a number of extras that make it an awesome experience in its own right. For everything not covered in the General Guide above, read on.
- Festival mode adds a competitive element to the Fruit Ninja you know and love. Battle the competition to show that you’re the ultimate ninja! There are three ways to play Festival mode:
- Tournament – Spend Gold Apples to battle opponents - an incredible prize awaits!
- Mini Games – Spend Starfruit to play Mini Games and win Gold Apples. Each one is different – which one is your favourite?
- Challenge – Spend Gold Apples to complete a daily challenge. Play for five days and unlock a special prize!
- There are two different types of currency in Fruit Ninja Free: Starfruit and Gold Apples.
- Starfruit is used to buy blades, dojos and powerups.
- Gold Apples are used to participate in Tournament Mode.
- You can reach most menus of Fruit Ninja via the Original, Festival and Multiplayer icons at the bottom of the screen.
- To get back to the home menu, tap the dojo icon at the top left-hand side of the screen.
Unlocking more blades and dojos
- Blades and dojos can be purchased with Starfruit.
- Reach levels 3, 7, 12, 18, 24 and 30 to unlock new tiers of purchasable blades and dojos.
- There are also special event blades and dojos with incredible powers – earn or purchase them!
There you have it - you should be on your way to become the ultimate Fruit Ninja. Happy slicing!